Sunday, October 10, 2010

What a Great Weekend

Good evening!

Wow is all I can say! I had the best birthday weekend ever thanks to my amazing husband, friends, family and students. My 25th birthday is going to be high up on the list of great birthdays!! I went to work on Friday to my wonderful students. They were so sweet for me on my birthday (minus the throw up at 2:45....). The students even made a picture for me using their tanagrams from "Free Centers". They told me "This is you Mrs. Claborn". I thought they came pretty close....



That night, Kevin and I went out for my birthday date. There is a pizza place in Water's Creek (in Allen) that I've been wanting to try for some time. The pizza was great!! Kevin and I split a large, which was more than enough food! After dinner Kevin surprised me with mini golf!! It was so much fun!! I can't remember the last time I did that! Kevin and I both got a hole in one, but I'm pretty sure he beat me! Here are a few pictures from golfing.




Saturday I woke up to go to the movies with my school. We reserved a movie theater downtown to watch "Waiting for Superman", a documentary on how America's public school system is affecting our children. The movie had a deep impact on me and I about cried throughout the whole thing. I really don't want to say much about it, except that if you have the chance, go see it! Here is a link to the trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKTfaro96dg

After the movie, Kevin's family met up at the dog park for a chance for our dogs to meet! We had so much fun!! It was great watching all 4 dogs (Annie, Belle, Charlie and Daisy) run around and play together. Annie ran for about 10 seconds, but spent most of her time meeting new people. She loved walking up to total strangers just to let them pet her. It was so funny watching her make the rounds. We also met another greyhound who was much more hyper than Annie. This dog was about 5 and actually was a racer. She really ran around the dog park for about 15 minutes. Annie has never ever done that!! We told her to take notes, but she didn't listen! Here are a few pictures from the dog park!

Here we are on our way in the new truck!! The seat folds up so it is perfect for Annie and her beloved bed!


My favorites!!!


Ella and Charlie


Ella and Annie. She loved patting Annie's bottom and playing with her tail.


Annie and Belle.


Ella being as cute as ever!!


Annie on the way home from the Dog Park. She was exhausted!!


After the dog park we headed back to Phil and JoAnn's house for a birthday dinner, cake and presents. It was a great night watching Ella run around and entertain us. I always say this, but what did we do before her? We also started talking about Christmas which always makes me excited!!!

Overall, it was a wonderful birthday weekend!! I really can't believe I'm 25 years old! I'm not saying I'm old, I just wonder where the time went? It feels like yesterday I was entering college!! Yesterday was also the 1 year anniversary of us buying a house! I can't believe we've been in the house for a year!! It really seems like yesterday! 24 was a great year, and I'm hoping 25 is even better!!

Have a great night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers