Today was another great day! Kevin and I (mostly Kevin) did some yard work today. This is one part of owning a home I really do not like. It seems like this is what we've done every weekend since spring has started. The weeds are almost gone (yes homeowners association...almost gone). We've tried several times to get rid of them, but they keep coming back up. We've already received one letter about our weeds. Today, we saw the president of the HOA driving by looking around at yards. I guess we will have to wait and see if we get another letter. Let's hope we don't! Kevin and I enjoy driving around the neighborhood finding yards with more weeds than us. It's like a game! We drive around and point saying, "Weeds! Weeds!". It really amuses me!! It's nice to know we don't have the worst yard in the neighborhood!
Anyways, here are a few pictures of our yard.
Hardworking man mowing the lawn!
Our Begonias! These were super hard to plant...the tree's roots were in the way!
These are Hostas. The previous homeowner planted them. I really love how they look and I think they are getting bigger everyday!
This is one of the front flower beds. This bed was a pain!! It is so narrow on one side!! I don't remember what the pink flowers are but we have Purple Sage, Lambs Ear and a Double-Knockout Rose Bush. The rose bush isn't doing to well. We thought it needed more water...turns out we were overwatering it. Oops!!
We have a few more areas to finish up but want to wait until we see how sunny/shady it is. I'll have more pictures to post as we finish up the outside of our house!!
In the meantime...Go Spurs Go!! It's halftime right now and I am not happy! We need a win today to bring it 3-1. It's also Tim Duncan's birthday...Happy Birthday Timmy! Let's get a win!
Love, Sarah



No comments:
Post a Comment