Sunday, May 2, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy

Good evening!

We had such a busy weekend!! On Saturday, Kevin and I helped out with Cory and Courtney's Garage Sale. We got up super early (5:30 am...wow) and started our long day!! We left the house at 6 (it had just started raining), went by Chick-fil-a for a platter of Chicken Minis and had to wait for the store to open up!! Crazy early, huh? We got to the house and it was still raining! We were all really worried that the weather was going to ruin our garage sale. Finally, around 7:30 the rain went away and blue skies came out! We started getting ready and before we knew it, people started to arrive.

We stayed at the Garage Sale all day long and had so much fun spending time with family and friends. The best part of the day was playing with our sweet niece Ella. I have a few of my favorite pictures from the day!





Uncle Kevin played with Ella and the Cozy Coupe. She really loves her Uncle Kevin...and he loves her too!!



They went inside to play and had so much fun. The tape on her butt says "Priceless".

Finally, around 4:30, we called it quits and packed up the things we still had to take to Goodwill. We had a few couches, lots and lots of little "crap" and our old kitchen table. That table had many, many memories from college and our first apartment, but I was glad to see it go. The octagon, floral, brass and wicker (all combined into one) on the table just didn't match the house!!! I can't believe no one wanted it!! Overall, after about 9 hours of work, Kevin and I made $15!! HAHAHAHA!!! I think we sold a few picture frames and an old mirror! Even though we didn't make any money, it was a success! We got lots of stuff out of the house and had a great time! Our neighborhood is having a garage sale next weekend...I think we'll pass!!

Kevin had a busy Sunday with helping his friend Bryan move back to Dallas from College Station. He was gone all day helping with the heavy lifting! He is super tired, but very happy his friend has moved back to Dallas! While Kevin was helping out, I had some much needed me time!! I slept in, took some clothes back, bought some more (shh....) and planted some flowers. It was a great me day! When Kevin got home, we had a date night!! We went out to Taco Bueno (I know how to make my hubby happy!) and rented Planet 51. It was a very cute movie! I recommend seeing it!

But now, it's off to bed! Have a great week!!

Love, Sarah and Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers