Good morning!
I trying to write really quickly before my kiddos come to school! I am super, super, super tired this morning!! Last night Kevin and I went to the Texas Rangers game for RISD appreciation night! The game was really fun, with a Rangers win! Baseball is something that I would never watch on tv (unless I were napping on the couch at Grandpa's house!) but is something I really enjoy in person at the game. It can get a little slow at times, but I like that so I can talk during the game!! Football and basketball are way too active for a conversation...which usually doesn't stop me!! I did have to really pay attention last night because we were right in fowl ball territory! I've been hit by a fowl ball once (it bounced off the seat and hit my ankle...it really hurt, I promise!). I didn't want to be that person...getting hit square in the face by a fowl ball. Needless to say, Kevin had a plan to catch the ball if it came out way! I'm really glad we went last night. It gave us a chance to hang out with some of my co-workers too! We will definitely go again next year!
I'm sure you're a little confused with the title of my blog and my baseball rambling. I do have a point!! The title of this blog is called heart due to something one of my students wrote yesterday. When I got to school today, I took a look at some of the writing my kids did during science. The students are writing on images of body parts (brain, lungs, heart and stomach) to go with our health unit. Yesterday, we wrote 3 facts about the heart. Here is one of the facts from a student.
"The heart helps you be brave"
I love this!! This child is very sweet and the quote really sums him up. He is a quieter kid, one you really work hard to get to know. I think over the last 166 days (I just looked at our calendar) I've gotten to know all of my kids really well. Now, with only 11 days left (also on my calendar) I'm thinking I might really miss these guys this summer! This year is 100% different than last. I've had a whole year with them and not just 5 months. I have a wonderful group of kids this year and I hope that next year will be the same.
Enough of my ramblings...the bell is about to ring! Have a great day!
Love, Sarah (and not so much of a writer, Kevin)



No comments:
Post a Comment