So I know for a few of my teacher-friends, summertime began last Friday when we turned in our phones, pulled down our mini-blinds, pushed the desks/chairs to one side of the room and locked our doors. But for me, summer is beginning today! After I left school on Friday, I went into to wedding mode! A friend of mine from high school and my college roommate got married over the weekend in San Antonio. Kevin and I went down to San Antonio Friday night for the wedding. We had a fun time dancing and seeing some old friends. Here are my favorite pictures from the night!
Monday and Tuesday I was at a technology workshop in Richardson. I learned a few new things and earned some extra money...which is going into our decorating fund! I really had fun hanging out with some of the girls I work with and overall, it felt like I was still at school and not on summer break!!
Finally, today, is my first official day of summer break!!! Hooray!! Kevin was shocked when I actually got out of bed at 6:45. I was shocked, and a little upset, as well. Normally it takes me a few days to learn how to sleep in again. Now, when I say sleep in, it is nothing like a Kevin sleep in. I'm up no later than 9:30...on a good day! I woke up, had some breakfast, and learned quickly that daytime t.v is really bad!! Anyways, I am on summer break and have put some thought into what I am doing this summer!
Here are my goals for the summer:
1. Have a great time in Destin next week! Hopefully the oil will hold off a little bit. It is so sad what is happening in the gulf. I cannot believe it has already been 51 days. Let's hope the water is clean so our niece Ella can experience the ocean for the first time!!
2. Paint and decorate our house! The house still looks a little empty in a few of the rooms. We still have the white paint on the walls...which needs to go! Kevin and I have been looking at paint colors for a few months now and we are pretty sure we know what we're gonna do. I'll be sure to post pictures as we decorate!
3. Read a few books! Our school is doing a summer reading project for teachers and I'd love to be a part of it. Over Spring Break I really got into reading again. I've just finished The Secret Life of Bees and loved it. I'm looking for suggestions for summer reading...if you have any!!
4. Go camping/floating on the river. Kevin and I love camping and we would love to get a group together of our old college friends to take a weekend trip.
5. Spend some good time in San Antonio! That's an obvious one!! I love going back home and spending time with my family. I'm pretty sure my parents and sister will be making a week long trip up to Dallas sometime in August to spend some time up here!! I can't wait!!
6. Go to Canton....to find things for the house!!
7. Visit downtown Dallas. After coming back from San Antonio this weekend we drove past downtown. Kevin decided that I really needed to go look around downtown so hopefully we can do that.
8. Relax, relax, relax!!
Looks like I have a busy summer ahead of me....well, not as busy as last year...thank God!!! Have a great summer everyone!!!
Love, Sarah (I've pretty much given up on Kevin writing anything....)



No comments:
Post a Comment