Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Brr....it's cold up here!!

Good evening!

The weather around here has been crazy!! It all started on Monday night when Kevin and I heard the wind start coming in. It was pretty loud and came with lots of sleet and snow. We woke up Tuesday morning to our phones ringing. First was the school district at 5:00 saying school would be cancelled! I was sure glad they did that! I'm not the best at driving on ice and really didn't want to do it! Then, Kevin's work called around 6:00 saying he didn't have to go in either!! So, we celebrated our first Snow Day together!!

It was a nice, warm day....inside the house! At times, the wind chill was below zero!! That is way to cold for me! Every time we had to let Annie out, she looked back at us like we were crazy!! We were literally snowed in because our front door was frozen shut!! We could not open it!!



Luckily we had food in the house, because neither one of us was leaving the house! We spent the day catching up on tv shows, playing some video games (all Kevin), napping (all me!) and playing some pool. It was nice to share the day with each other! Then, I got a call around 6:00 that night saying my school would be closed again on Wednesday. I really wanted to go back! Being off is nice, but not when you have to make up the days. Now we loose Good Friday and have to stay an additional day at the end of the year. I'm really not looking forward to that!

Kevin had to go in today (Wednesday) but had a late start. I really didn't want him to go into work. The roads still looked pretty bad. He got to work safely, but it took him about an hour! I'm glad everyone was taking the drive nice and slow. He got to leave around 3:00 due to the rolling power shutoffs. Luckily, the house kept its power! As of now, he doesn't have to go in tomorrow since his office building is closed due to the power. Hopefully he gets to stay in with me!!!

Yep, that's right. I get ANOTHER ice day. That will make 3 days! I've never experienced 3 days of cancelled school! As of now we don't know if it is because of the ice or because of the power outage. I have mixed feelings about being at home for another day. It's great to stay in wearing my sweats all day, but I'm kinda worried about making up these days. The school only has 2 scheduled bad weather days, so I'm not sure if we have to make up the third. Plus, it's been really hard squeezing all of our learning into a normal week. We are going to be so behind when we get back! Luckily I brought some stuff home with me on Monday night so I've had some things to work on between naps!

I hope everyone is staying warm and is safe at home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers