I have cabin fever from our crazy weather days!!! Since the Mavs are playing, I've decided to catch up on some blogging!! This is from a few weeks ago. My school has this yearly thing called "Family Reading Night". The kids and their family get to come to school at night to learn more about reading at home. The school has a book walk (similar to a cake walk), sessions on teaching parents how to read with their child, and a costume dress up where teachers dress as their favorite book character. Can you guess who I am?
Yes, I did dress up as Miss Frizzle from The Magic School Bus series. For those of you who do not know who Miss Frizzle is, she is this eccentric teacher who takes her students on crazy field trips, via a magic school bus! Anytime we read the books my students tell me how much I look like "The Frizz", so I decided it would be fun to dress up like her. She was also my character from last year. I thought it would be really fun to dress up like her every year, but change my costume. This year I was Miss Frizzle on Safari. Last year I was Miss Frizzle learning about flowers. I got both dresses at Goodwill and added some minor accessories to make it even more fun! The craziest thing ever is that someone seriously wore these!! Crazy!!!
Here is last year's costume...

The kids got a kick out of "Mrs. Claborn taking a day off and having Miss Frizzle as their substitute." They called me "Miss Frizzle" all day! We even took an imaginary field trip to Africa. One of my students insisted he was bitten by a giraffe too! My was it a great trip!! (This is why I LOVE FIRST GRADE!!) One of the greatest things about that day was that I planned ahead! Usually I need to fill up with gas on those days. I sure do get the strangest looks from people...
Stay warm!!



No comments:
Post a Comment