Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving Review

Good morning!!

We got back from San Antonio last night around 8:00. We had such a great trip seeing family and friends for Thanksgiving! Here is a recap of our long weekend!!

We left for San Antonio on Wednesday. Annie and I packed the car while Kevin was at work. She was really confused about what was going on! After we packed the truck (with tons of doggie things...I can't even imagine traveling with child....) we headed over to pick Kevin up from work! Annie was sure glad to see him! I was a little nervous about Annie on the long car ride, but she did GREAT!! Her longest trip in the car was about only 20 minutes, but she was a trooper for the 5 1/2 hour ride down south! Traffic was a nightmare!! From Hilsborough to Georgetown we only drove about 50 mph! It was awful...but at least we were moving and not at a dead stop!! We got to my parents house around dinner time, ate at Mama's Cafe, and finally got home to relax!!

Thursday was Thanksgiving!!! We woke up, sat around the house, played with the dogs and headed up to Seguin to my grandparents house! My entire family (except the California Clan) were there!! The family has sure grown with people getting married! Kevin and I (and the other married "young people") had to sit at the "kids table". The youngest person at the kids table was my sister, who is 22. I guess I always thought I'd one day get to sit at the adult table with my husband. But I guess that doesn't work with a big family! After the amazing Thanksgiving lunch (called dinner in my family) we all sat around, talked and looked through the Black Friday sales. We also watched the Cowboys game, and you know how that went. Here are a few pictures from Thanksgiving!


This is my grandpa and grandma!!!!



And my sister being a dork...



The Claborns!!



My sister found these really cute frames that say something about 3 generations. We decided to take a picture for the frame. This is my sister, mom, grandma and me! I think we took a great picture!!



Kevin, Becca and I decided to go see Harry Potter on Thanksgiving night! It was such a good movie and I am so ready for the second part to come out!! I haven't read the books yet, but I think it could be a good summer project!

On Friday morning Kevin and I woke up to meet some of my high school friends! We decided to meet at my favorite back home restaurant, Norma's! I swear I ate breakfast at Norma's Cafe every day in high school! They make the best breakfast tacos!! The place hasn't changed all that much, except they now have Wi-Fi!! Man,they are movin' on up!!! We had so much fun talking and catching up. My friend Parker (whose first name is Nicole) brought her new boyfriend. Kevin and I really liked him! My other friend Baker (whose name is also Nicole) was there too. She lives in Vegas with her husband who is in the Air Force. I only see Baker once every 2 years or so, so it was really good to see her! I wish we could find more time to see each other! Here is a picture of us at Norma's!!



On Friday afternoon we headed over to my Aunt Kaye and Uncle Don's house for lunch! It was great seeing them and my cousin Douglas! After we ate lunch we played dominoes!! I love playing 42 with my family!! I learned a few years ago and can honestly say it is one of my favorite games!! We had so much fun playing together and I can't wait until we can do it again! I should have taken some pictures while we were there...aw man!!

Friday night Kevin and I met up with another high school friend of mine. His name is also Kevin. I've known him since kindergarten. His mom watched me after school all through first grade too. We were great friends in high school and college but went our separate ways after graduation. It was great seeing him and catching up!!

After a long couple of days in San Antonio, Saturday came around and it was time to go back to Dallas! Annie really enjoyed her stay in San Antonio! I think we have a "country girl" on our hands! She loved running around in my parents large yard! I'm sure there were tons of "critters" around that she could smell. She whined by the door just to be let outside to run around. Kevin and I were both glad that she enjoyed herself! Here are a few pictures of Annie in the car on our way home.







We had a great time down there and can't wait to go back for the Christmas holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers