Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Eve

Good afternoon!

To continue my blogging about our Christmas celebrations, here is what we did on Christmas Eve!

Once Kevin's Grandparents got back on the road, we continued celebrating with Kevin's parents, brothers, sisters-in-law and Ella. To start things off we had another gift exchange! This year, instead of drawing names, we did a small "Dirty Santa" with gift cards. Everyone had to bring a gift card. Then, we stole from each other just as you would in a "White Elephant". It was so much fun! Everyone had really great ideas! My favorite idea had to be Kyle's "Jello Gift Card Holder". It was a great idea and reminded me and Kevin of The Office! We both loved it when Jim put Dwight's stapler in the Jello. Here's a picture of Kyle's creation!



I might have to steal this idea for another White Elephant Exchange!!

After the game, Kevin and I ended up with a Pedicure (which I used yesterday!) and a Home Depot gift card. I'm sure Kevin will enjoy using that one!

We all pitched in and gave Ella a gift together. We all figured a larger gift from everyone would be better than lots of smaller gifts. This year, we got her a cute little play kitchen. Kevin and I got to play "Elves" the night before when we helped Kevin's parents set it up! I had no idea how much time kid's toys can take to set up! We were all super glad we set it up the night before. Kevin and I got to wrap the box, and I can say that was the biggest gift I've ever wrapped!



We were super excited for her to open the gift! I will never forget the expression on her face when she opened the gift! She LOVED it and got right to playing!

Uncle Kevin and Uncle Kyle had to help Ella with the box!


Playing away....


Every chef needs an apron and a hat!!


After the presents we had time to relax before church. We also had time to eat some of Ashley's amazing cookies and some tamales! I made beans that night, which was a lot of fun! I used to help my dad make beans so it was really fun to reminisce. I think they turned out pretty good...but not as good as my Dad's.

We went to church and saw some friends. It was a great service! I'm glad we got the chance to go to church this Christmas.

After church, Kevin and I played "Elves" again! We headed over to Cory and Courtney's house to help out with another one of Ella's gifts. It was really cool seeing everything she got for Christmas. Again, I can't believe the amount of work that goes in to setting up Christmas. Parents really go through a lot of work making Christmas day important!

Once Kevin and I got home we celebrated our first Christmas in the house. We waited until around midnight to exchange our gifts. We decided to get each other a computer this year since both of our computers are on their last leg. We exchanged some stocking stuffers with each other and called it a night!! We were driving to San Antonio early the next morning so we needed to get some sleep!!

We had such a wonderful Christmas Eve with the Claborn side! Again, I feel so blessed to be part of an amazing family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers