Saturday night was a super fun night!! Kevin and I celebrated our first Christmas party of the year-- The Covington Christmas! We celebrate with Kevin's mom's side of the family. The evening was filled with tons of food, laughs, family and kids! Every year we play "Dirty Santa" which is similar to a White Elephant Gift Exchange. Over the years there have been many great gifts!
Two of the gifts seem to keep coming around every year. One of the gifts is an enlarged picture of Kevin's Aunt Judy! This picture comes back every year in a new way, shape, or form. Kevin and I have never had this gift, but we have the perfect way to bring it back if we do!
Here is Uncle Larry...the winner of this year's Judy!

The other gift that keeps giving is hilarious!! It started a few years ago and is still around! Here's a picture before I go into detail....
Yes, you are seeing this right! It is a "Pee and Poo" stuffed animal set! I believe my sister-in-law Ashley was the first person to bring this gift to Dirty Santa. It was a huge hit a few years ago because the winner of "Pee and Poo" was the mother of two young twins! It was very fitting for her due to all the diapers she went through with the twins. This year, I was the second person to choose a gift. A ladybug was sitting on one particular package, so I decided to go with that one for good luck! Well, my ladybug luck must have run out because I picked the "Pee and Poo" dolls!! I can't believe no one wanted to steal from me! It was all in good fun and Kevin and I have already decided to give it back next year!! Get ready everyone!!
That night was a great reminder of how wonderfully blessed I am. I absolutely love Kevin's family as my own and love being around them! Christmas has started out great this year, and I'm ready for some more celebrating later this week!!



No comments:
Post a Comment