Good evening!
The start of the week was crazy! Tutoring started back up again meaning I would be staying at school much later than usual. Tutoring gets out around 5:00. Then, after the kids leave, I stay around a bit more to take care of "housekeeping" things in my room. Needless to say, Monday night we ordered pizza! It was the perfect way (with my nice glass of wine!) to end our first tutoring session.
We tried a new recipe out which was given to be by a girl I work with. She had her baby last week (congrats Kelly!) and was nice enough to send out a recipe before she went on her maternity leave. Her recipe is for a crock-pot chicken and dumplings. I've never been able to do this!! My Aunt Peggy has some pretty good chicken and dumplings and although I am her God-daughter, I was not blessed with her dumpling skills. My sister Rebecca did get those dumplin' making skills! NO FAIR!! Anyways, Kelly gave me a really simple recipe that turned out great! Here it is!
Kelly's Chicken and Dumplings
-4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
-2 tablespoons of butter
-2 (10.75 oz) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
-1 onion, finely diced
-2 (10oz) cans refrigerated biscuit dough torn into pieces
-1/2 bag of frozen mix vegetables
Directions:
-Place the chicken, butter, soup, onion and mixed veggies into crock pot and fill with enough water to cover.
-Cover, and cook for 7-8 hours on low. About an hour before serving, turn the crock pot to high and place the torn biscuit dough on the top. Dip them into the liquid mixture. About 30 minutes later flip them over. Cook until the dough is no longer raw in the center.
Kevin and I really enjoyed it! We ate it for dinner and for lunch the next day! I highly recommend them! Thanks Kelly!
Thursday, January 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment