Monday, January 3, 2011

A New Year Brings in a New Menu?

Good evening!

With school starting back up tomorrow (boo!) it's time to get back into a normal routine around here. It's been so nice staying at home and not having a set schedule to follow. I'm so lucky to have a job that allows for some quality time off! When I'm on my break it's so easy to just "go with the flow". I go to the grocery store when I want, and if I forget something, I go back again...when I want. It's also nice to shop during the non-crowded times of day!

Well, now that I'm "Teacher Sarah" instead of "Stay at home Sarah", it's time to get back into the hang of making my organized shopping lists so we don't have to go to the store multiple times a week. I absolutely HATE going to the grocery store after a long day of school. Kevin and I are pretty good about going shopping on the weekends, making it a one time a week shopping trip.

Thinking about grocery shopping makes me thing about cooking. I LOVE to cook! I do, however, get tired of cooking the same things over and over and over again! This doesn't bother Kevin as much as it bothers me. We both love most of the things we cook, but often cook lots of "repeat" meals. Sometimes it feels like we rotate our meals on a bi-weekly schedule. To help ourselves not repeat meals as often as we normally do, I've decided to start blogging about the things we cook! I figured it would be a great idea to have a log of what we ate, when we ate it. It's also a great way to share some of my favorite recipes with friends and family. Most of the things I cook are super fast and easy!

Here's what we ate tonight!! I got the recipe from a fellow teacher! Thanks Kelly! This is by far one of the easiest meals out there!


Root Beer Pulled Pork Sandwiches


1 lb. Pork Tenderloin (we bought the peppercorn seasoned one by Hormel)
1 Can Root Beer (or any dark soda...Coke works too)
BBQ Sauce
Hamburger Buns

Basically, you just place the tenderloin in a crock pot and cover it with the can of root beer. I cooked it on high temp. for about 4 hours. After the pork is done, remove it from the root beer liquid. Shred the pork with a fork to the desired size and cover with BBQ sauce. Mix well and season to taste. Serve on a bun and enjoy!!

We had some pork leftover so I'm taking it to work one day this week. Instead of eating it on a bun, I'm eating it on a baked potato!! YUM!!

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers