Good afternoon!
Yesterday was a great day! We got to sleep in!! Kevin and I have been so tired lately so the relaxing morning felt wonderful! Annie even got to crawl up in bed with us for some cuddles too! She loves weekend mornings because she pretty much gets to stay in bed with us until we decide to get up!
Kevin and I enjoyed the day together "window shopping" around town. We've started thinking about the house more and how we'd like to decorate the next room. We went to a few stores to see if anything caught our eye. Nothing really did, which was fine, because I'm not sure if we have the time now to start a new project. It is always fun to look though! The day was a great success because I FINALLY found a pair of brown leggings to wear with my boots!!!!
On our way back home, Kevin decided he wanted to cook dinner tonight. We never eat in on a Saturday night, so this really shocked me! I love it when he cooks dinner! He loves this stir-fry I make, but wanted to try it a different way. I don't have the exact measurements since he made it up off of his head, but I'm hoping you get the idea!
White Wine Stir Fry
1 Pork Chop
1 carrot - chopped
1 zucchini- chopped
Fresh Green Beans - chopped
Broccoli- cut up into small pieces
Steak Seasoning (or spices of your choice)
Chardonnay - or the wine of your choice
Heat the pan with a little bit of oil. Add the broccoli in first since it will take the longest to cook. Add the pork, carrot, zucchini and green beans. Saute in the wine until fully cooked. Add seasoning to taste. We served the stir-fry on top of brown rice.
The meal turned out really good!! There was a small wine taste, but nothing too strong. When he makes it again, he will probably take out the green beans and add pineapple for a sweeter taste.
We ended our night by making some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies (while Kevin watched the MAVS game). After the game we ordered Shrek 4. The movie was good, with some funny scences, but definitely not as good as the first Shrek.
Overall, it was a great night! School is about to get crazy, so enjoying a relaxing weekend was just what I needed!
Have a great week! Only 7 more weeks until Spring Break!!!!!
Sunday, January 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment