Thursday, January 6, 2011

White Chicken Chili

Good evening!

Gosh am I tired!! It's days like this I am so blessed to have a wonderful husband. When I got home (again, pretty late...) Kevin was already cooking our dinner! Gosh I LOVE him! I could smell it as soon as I walked in the door. WHITE. CHICKEN. CHILI.

I've never really made this recipe. It's more of a Kevin-kinda thing. It seems pretty easy to make. Plus, it is super delicious. I've always loved chili so this recipe brings in something I love, with a different taste!

White Chicken Chili

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion - chopped
1 can (4oz.) chopped green chilies - drain liquid
3 tablespoons flour
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon smokey paprika
2 cans great northern beans
1 can chicken broth
1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken

In a large skillet, cook the onion in the oil. Add the chilies, flour and cumin. Cook for 2 minutes. Add beans, chicken broth and smokey paprika. Simmer for 10 minutes. Add the chicken and cook until hot.

We love to eat this with tortilla chips. You can top the chili with Monterrey jack cheese, sour cream or salsa, but we pretty much eat it as is. This, like pretty much everything else we cook, reheats really well!

We hope you enjoy this new take on chili...and hooray that tomorrow is Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers