Today I want to dedicate my blog to my mom. Today is her birthday!! My mom is the best mom in the whole wide world!! As a kid, she was always there for my sister and I, no matter what!! I can remember Becca and I being so involved all throughout school, and her always being there with us! She was our girl scout mom too! I can also remember her making pom-poms out of newspaper on Saturday mornings! She would make these cheerleader pom-poms for us and we would play all day with them!! She made our Halloween costumes every year...and she was really good at it!! As we got older, she continued to be active in everything we did. She braved it out as a band mom, and even went to Disney World with 200 kids! Wow...that's guts! If I had a hard time in school (Pre-Calculus to be exact), she would sit down right next to me, read my textbook, and try to figure the problems out with me. One day, I hope to be as good of a mom as she is!
My mom is funny, strong and loving! Although I don't get to see her as much these days, I know seeing each other every day doesn't really matter. Yes, I miss her (and the rest of my family) so much! Moving to Dallas was one of the most exciting and saddest moments of my life. On one had, I was so happy to start my life with Kevin. But on the other hand, I was so sad to move away from my family and friends. I jokingly (but not so much of a joke) hope that one day my family will move up to Dallas. I always say that I'm trying to find my sister a "Dallas Boy" so she'll move up here. Then, when she moves, my parents will move too!! I think it sounds good!!
Anyways, Happy Birthday Mom! I love you so much, and can't wait to see you in about a week!! Here are a few pictures of my beautiful mom!! (They're all from the wedding...those were the easiest to find!!)

Her and Dancing during the "Grand March". I talked to Mom today and they're going dancing tonight for her birthday!

Mom, Grandma and I. This is one of my favorite pictures from the wedding!

I have no idea what she's doing here...but she looks like she's having fun!!! I love that she changed into her Sperrys for the reception!

Mom dancing with her sister, my Aunt Peggy. Aunt Peggy lives in California so it was great seeing her at the wedding. Tomorrow is Aunt Peggy's birthday....Happy Birthday tomorrow Aunt Peggy!!



No comments:
Post a Comment