Last night I had sew much fun. My fellow first grade teacher (Morgan) and I decided it would be fun to take a sewing class. A few weeks ago we were talking at school about something that needed sewing. She then emailed me and came up with the idea of taking a class, because neither of us knew how to sew. So last night, we headed out to Oak Cliff into the Bishop Arts District. We stopped for a quick dinner and then walked down the street to our class, which was at a place called Make. Here is there website if you want to check it out. http://www.themakesite.com/
The place has all these classes that teach people how to sew different things. We took the Sewing Basics 1 class, which was their beginner course. Now, when I say beginner, I really mean beginner. Neither one of us had any sewing experience. I grew up watching my mom sew all sorts of things (Halloween costumes, curtains, etc.) but never really made anything myself. At the class, we learned how to set up the sewing machine, put the thread in, backstitch, sew straight lines (sorta... that was tricky), and many other things. In the end, we created a purse! Here are a few pictures of our sewing class.
Taa-Daa!! Here we are with our completed project. Morgan made a messenger bag while I decided to make a purse. Overall, I think they turned out really cute! We both had a problem sewing a straight line, but other than that, I think we did a great job!! The studio has these open machine times where you can go in, borrow a sewing machine, and work on your own project. I think we are going to go back and take advantage of that time! They offer other classes, but I think we need a little more experience before we try them out! Hopefully, we will go back sometime soon and create something new!!



No comments:
Post a Comment