I blog with exciting news tonight!! We are for the most part finished with our living room and kitchen!! Now, when I say "for the most part", we have a few more things to add to our wish list. We would one day love to put in some leather couches and mount the t.v on the wall....but those will have to wait!! For now, we are finished with the two rooms and could not be happier. Here are a few before/after pictures of what we did!! (The before pictures are from the day we moved in...when the house was empty!!)
Here are the pictures of the living room. The bar was always there, we just didn't get it in the first picture. I also added a close up of our table. We purchased this right after we moved in, so we've had it for some time. The rug is a new purchase...Kevin even picked it out!! I think he did a great job!! There are also pictures of our new wall collage, vase of sticks, and fire place.
Now, let's move on into the kitchen! We fell in love with the kitchen when we bought the house! It was so much fun decorating the kitchen!! Most of the decorations on top of the cabinets I got around Christmas time. We pretty much just added the paint to the walls...everything else was in place! The kitchen looks so white with nothing on top of the cabinets!! It really looks like a different room...especially since we didn't have the refrigerator in yet!!
As you can tell from the pictures, we decided not to paint the red accent wall. At first, I really thought I wanted the accent red somewhere. After painting, we decided it looked great just the way we had it, and to not add the red. We've used the red in accessories around the house, and I think that works great!! Overall, this project was more work than I ever imagined! We started the project before 4th of July and are still not 100% finished.
We've finished painting everything we're going to paint for now. Basically, we only have the bedrooms and bathrooms left to paint...which can wait!! We put 7 gallons of paint on the walls, and that is including a second coat. To finish up our decorating project, we are going to focus on the pool table room. We purchased a pub table which we had to order. They said it would be here in about 30 days!! I don't think I can wait THAT long, but I'll have to! We've bought a mirror for one wall in the pool room, and that's about it. We've also looked into curtains for the room as well. We're still looking for other wall items, but will most likely wait until the pub table is in place to see how it all fits. I'll be sure to keep everyone updated on the status of that room!!
I am loving our house more and more everyday and love walking in the house seeing everything put together. As much of a stress this painting/decorating project was, Kevin and I are very pleased with the result!
For now, we're going to relax and enjoy our hard work...and not pick up another paint brush for a long, long time!!



No comments:
Post a Comment