Recently I was looking through old pictures and started to think that is has been 6 years since I've started college. I seriously cannot believe how fast time has gone!! While looking through the pictures, I thought about how Kevin and I have known each other for about 6 years. We met our freshman year of college in Jackson Hall. That is a dorm on the fabulous campus of Texas State University. I remember the first night I met Kevin! My roommate (Hilary) and I LOVED to goof off and dress up into strange costumes. One night, we decided to dress up as nerds to help our other friend (Leslie) study for a test. We had so much fun that night, and my friend Leslie wanted to go show some of her friends our costumes. One of Leslie's friends was Kevin's roommate, Joey. We showed up to Kevin and Joey's room, dressed up as nerds, and met everyone. There were probably about 8 guys in the room, all playing Halo. I can remember Kevin sitting in his chair, quietly, probably shocked at what we were wearing. Here is a picture of what I looked like the night I met my future husband....

Kevin has to admit, it was not love at first sight!! After that night, the group of girls and the group of guys merged into one group of friends. We always hung out in Jackson (including midnight rounds of mattress surfing, late dinners at the dinning halls, country dancing around campus, and even taking a country dancing class!). Kevin and I became great friends, but really had nothing more than friendship. Here are a few pictures of us as friends.

Here is our "Family Picture"! This is our college group! I LOVE this picture!! Our group was always together, especially hanging out at Kevin and Paul's apartment on weekends. They were the only ones who could live off campus our sophomore year.


These pictures are of us bowling on Valentine's Day. All of us single friends went out for dinner and bowling that night! I would have never guessed we'd be married one day!!

Here we are playing "Memory" on New Years Eve! This is around the time we started to feel more than friends! We started dating in February of 2007, and the rest is history! Here is a picture of us on our first date. Kevin surprised me and took me horseback riding for Valentine's Day! I loved it!!!

I am so happy I decided to live on campus my freshman year! I almost lived at home and commuted! Would I have met Kevin that year anyways? I'd like to think that we'd meet each other anyways...
Ok, enough of being cheesy! Here's the letter K!

Kevin!!!
Kaye (my middle name after my Aunt Kaye...hi Aunt Kaye!!)
Kites
Kayaking
Kettle Corn
Kisses
Kids
Ketchup!
Karaoke



No comments:
Post a Comment