Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Letter L

Good evening!

Since I have some spare time on my hands, I'll go ahead and write about the letter L!



Love
Laughing
Living Life
Lakes
Ladybugs
Learning
Labor Day (because we have a holiday coming soon!!)
Lounging Around
Limes
Limeade
Leaves
Lists (I love making a list of things I need to do)
My Living Room
Log Cabins
Letters
Loretta (my amazing mom!!)

Here's a quick Annie update:

Annie is doing great....when we are at home with her. Kevin and I feel that she is having some separation anxiety when we leave the house. Both times she's destroyed things have been when she's been home alone. One time she was out of her kennel and the second time she was in her kennel and escaped. She tore up the mini blinds in our bedroom because she wanted a way out. She also knocked my jewelery off the dresser (and thankfully didn't eat anything!), and knocked some things off the bathroom counter. She also broke the kennel and created a sharp edge that cut her paw. Luckily, she didn't hurt herself...it's just a small scratch. Kevin and I put a camera on her when we left the other day, just to see what she does. She pretty much never calmed down in the 15 minutes the camera was on. We also tried to use our phones to listen to her while we were gone. We kept Kevin's phone on in the bedroom while we went to the grocery store and listened to what was going on with my phone. We were gone about 45 minutes and she never really calmed down. She would take about a 2-3 minute break from crying, but then would start up again. We feel like crazy people because we are spying on our dog! We'd really like to know if this is her adjusting to her new life or if this is a serious issue. We hate that she is so upset and that she is hurting herself to get out of her kennel. We really have no idea what to do. We've tried giving her a Kong with peanut butter, but she ignores it because she is so upset. We've tried putting a blanket over the kennel and giving her something that smells like us. We've tried leaving a t.v on for noise. Nothing seems to work! We bought a new and different kennel tonight, hoping that she can't hurt herself with this one. We really hope that she is just adjusting to a new life as the only dog. She's really never been alone before, so maybe it will just take time! The foster parent suggested that we foster a dog so she could have a friend. We're not sure how we feel about that at this point. As of now, we're practicing leaving and coming home, so maybe she will figure out that we come back every time we leave. It is the saddest thing ever to leave the house with her freaking out! We really want her to be happy in our home, and she seems to be, as long as we are there! I wonder how my principal would feel about me being a stay at home doggie mom? Just kidding! If anyone has any ideas, please let me know! We need to fix this problem a.s.a.p!

On a happier note, Annie met some new friends today! Cory, Courtney, and Ella came over today to meet our little girl! We were so happy when Annie did a great job with Ella! I was a little nervous because Annie had never really met a little kid before! It was very important that we found a dog that was good with kids! I'm very happy to say that Annie did wonderfully! Now, we need to find time for Annie to meet her cousin, Belle!

Well, tomorrow starts week 2 of school! Is it strange that I actually want to see my kiddos tomorrow? I have a great group this year and can't wait to see them in the morning! I'm praying tonight that all my students remember everything we learned last week, especially the talk on "first graders don't get naps!"

Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers