WOW! What a busy week we had!! School started up this week for the teachers and I had my hands full! I got into my room, got everything put up, and I think (or at least I hope) everything is ready for Monday! I've already met my kiddos (12 girls, 10 boys) and am really exited about this year! I really think this is going to be an awesome school year!! Yesterday was a busy, busy day!! It was our last day to prepare for our first day of school, so every minute of yesterday was packed with stuff to do! It was a stressful day, making sure everything was ready to go. I'll have to admit, I was a little worried I'd have to come up to school on Saturday! Thankfully, I got to go home Friday around 5:00 to get ready to meet our new dog Annie!!
Annie (a greyhound) came into our family around 7:00 Friday night! Her foster Mom and another volunteer from GALT came by to check the house out (just to make sure we had a good home). They stayed almost 2 hours and we had so much fun getting to know about our new little girl! We learned that she loves her "Teddy Bear", and loves to snuggle with it and play with it! This made Kevin and I very happy! We really wanted a dog that liked to play!! After the GALT ladies left, we were all together for the first time!! Annie quickly found that I love to cuddle!! We decided she could lay on the couch with us (on top of a blanket) only if we were on the couch. I learned that our couch isn't big enough!! She is really a couch-hog!! We took her outside to take care of business, and she got right to it! Kevin and I are very happy that she is house trained! At bedtime, she crawled into her kennel, whined a little bit, but then went to bed all night!! She woke up around 6:30 this morning (way too early for a weekend!), ate breakfast, and went back to sleep on the couch with me! We decided to go back to the bedroom to try to go back to sleep there, but she was too excited! We then decided to go on our first walk!! We walked about 20 minutes, and she began to get really tired!! Our walk lasted about 30 minutes, we came home, and she fell asleep for about an hour!! She's really been sleeping almost all day, with a few play and stretch breaks! While I worked on school stuff, she watched Kevin play some video games! I was quite jealous when I found out he wasn't playing video games in the other room. When I went in to check on them, they were cuddling on the couch!! We're both working hard on finding her "sweet spots" and have already found a few places she loves to be scratched! Here are a few pictures of our new girl!!
I swear this is the biggest kennel I've ever seen! Both Kevin and I can fit in it!!
Kevin and I are so happy with Annie! We love that she is content laying around all day, because she will be home alone during work. She will be just fine sleeping all day! She is quite taller than we remember! She weighs 55 pounds and when she lays down, she's about 3 1/2 feet long!! She can look at herself in the bathroom mirror and can easily see what's on our counter tops! She's tried to jump up there once (I had some chicken on the counter...I can't do that again!), but after we told her "no" she didn't try again! We are so happy with our new little family member and cannot wait to introduce her to family and friends!!



No comments:
Post a Comment