Wow...what a week (and it isn't even over yet)! We started school this week and I feel super busy and super tired! I have an amazing class this year! They are all ridiculously funny and unique in their own special way. We've already built a little community with each other, with every student bringing something to our new "family". Although this is my 3rd classroom, I still feel like chaos! I swear this year seems more tiring than last year! Is that even possible? I'm thinking it is because I've changed a few things from last year...the things that really didn't work. We're doing new centers, we have a new curriculum, we have new computers (yay!), and a new group of first graders who need to learn all the new routines!! It's strange to start over again with essentially "kindergartners". A few of my kiddos are totally lost without their afternoon nap, and a few are bummed because we don't have blocks or a house center. I can honestly say I am ready for Friday!! We've had a good week so far, and I feel very blessed with the group of kiddos I have this year!!
Here's a quick Annie update:
Annie is doing great! She is still sleeping all the time (as seen in the picture...this was us after the first day of school...thanks Kevin!), but has really started to play with us this week! She really only plays in the morning and when we get home, but when she plays, she plays hard....for about 1 minute!! We love watching her play and pounce around! It is the funniest thing ever!! She's also started to "roach", which is what many greyhounds do when they sleep. Here is a picture of her in a full-on roach.
They call it roaching because it looks like a roach does when its on its back. Isn't she super cute? Annie has done perfectly wonderful, except for a big mess-up yesterday. It is mostly our fault because we figured we could trust her in the house by herself. Kevin and I needed to run to Target for a few things, so we decided she would be fine by herself, out of her kennel, for about 30 minutes. Since we've had her, she hasn't chewed or had an accident in the house. So, we were about 100% sure she would be fine alone. Well, when we came back, we found that she chewed up a small piece of our mini blinds. We were pretty upset about that...until we saw what she did to our plantation shutters. Basically, she jumped up on the shutters and chewed about 6-7 wooden boards. We have teeth marks on our beautiful shutters!! We were super upset about this (you really have no idea how mad we were) and gave her the silent treatment for a little bit. We don't know why she did it, but are hoping it does not happen again. Kevin and I have to be more careful about leaving her alone, and sadly, she might have to stay in her kennel a bit longer than we originally hoped. We also figured since she pretty much knows her name, we're going to work on some serious training this weekend! She is very stubborn and only listens to us when it's convenient to her. This is going to have to change soon.....
Now, the Letter J!

Juice
Jellybeans (especially red and pink ones!)
Jackson Hall (where I met Kevin)
James Avery Jewelry
June and July (hooray for summers!)
Jason's Deli
Jeans (and tomorrow is a jeans day!!)
Jokes
I don't think my brain can take any more tonight!! Have a great night and have a HAPPY FRIDAY tomorrow!!



No comments:
Post a Comment